Image Credit: Able Parris
August has ended, now September is here!!! Isn’t this year passing by fast? So here’s a brief re-cap of my August. The month started with a celebration of my husband’s deacon ordination, followed by my birthday which was the next weekend. One of my cousins got married on my birthday – outside, mid-afternoon in August heat, but I forgive him. Don’t get me wrong, the wedding was nice, but it’s hard to forget about that heat.
This month offered an awesome singing opportunity with a family friend. I joined with him and a few others to do praise and worship for a local church conference. Also, I participated in my company’s talent showcase at the Mablehouse Amphitheatre. Have you ever been to the Mablehouse? What a nice venue!!
In other music news, I presented a first listen for my song “Magnify” and got great feedback from that. Thanks to all of you who helped out with that. Praise and Worship night has been rescheduled for Saturday, November 20 and it will be held at my church – Cornerstone of Faith. I am currently working on getting a band for that. Most of my singers have already been booked. So things are coming along quite well.
Here are a few things that I would like to do in September:
- Enjoy a short trip with my hubby – we just need a little break to “get away” from it all
- Put together a group of musicians for Praise and Worship night
- Get my car repaired – There are just a few things that I have been putting off with my car for a while and it’s about time to get it fixed
- Work on my Musician’s success packet
- Organize my songs – I’ve written lots of songs and haven’t organized them in the least bit
- Figure out what I am going to do with my song release – there have been some challenges with my song, but I’ll know exactly what’s going to happen with it by the month end
- Get back in the studio to work on another song
I am moving forward!!!